2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, about 1 ¼ lbs.
¼ cup all purpose flour
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil, plus a little more for drizzling greens
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
½ cup low-sodium chicken broth, or water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped fine (optional)
1. Wash hands well with soap and warm water. Wash produce thoroughly.
2. Chop greens in 1 inch pieces and set aside.
3. Lay each chicken breast on a board and cut laterally down the center of the breast into two thin pieces (As if you are cutting a hamburger bun). On each side, sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper.
4. Heat a skillet or sauté pan over medium high heat. Pour in oil and place chicken breast pieces into pan (Chicken should not be touching- if pan is too small to fit all 4 pieces without touching, cook 2 breast pieces at a time and repeat)
5. Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
6. Move chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
7. Sauté onions until golden brown.
8. Add garlic to pan for 1-2 minutes.
9. Pour broth into pan and scrape bits from bottom of pan with spatula.
10. Stir in greens and place chicken onto greens. Cover and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until greens are wilted and bright green.
11. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley, if using. Serve immediately.